Vocational education is education that prepares people to work in a trade, in a craft, as a technician, or in support roles in professions such as engineering, accountancy, nursing, medicine, architecture, or law. Craft vocations are usually based on manual or practical activities and are traditionally non-academic but related to a specific trade or occupation. Vocational education is sometimes referred to as career education or technical education. Vocational education can take place at the secondary, post-secondary, further education, and higher education level; and can interact with the apprenticeship system. At the post-secondary level, vocational education is often provided by a highly specialized institute of technology/polytechnic, or by a university, or by a local community college.
Advantages of studying Vocational education in Singapore
- Students who successfully complete the vocational education programme in Metta School will receive the ITE Skills Certificate (ISC) awarded by ITE while those in Delta Senior School receive the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ).
- Students who successfully attain the ISC or WSQ may apply for jobs in the open market or attend further advanced training e.g. at ITEs to pursue the National ITE Certificate (NITEC) as long as they meet the pre-requisites for the courses.
Advantages of studying English in Singapore
- This southeast Asian metropolis merges the best of East and West, making it the ideal place to learn English.
- Most of the teachers are multi-lingual, it will be especially good for international students.
- English language is the official business language used and spoken in Singapore, so perfecting or improving your English speaking enhance not only your career but also gain academically progress.
You may refer to the recommended courses shown below if you are looking for Vocational / English courses :