School: Auston Institute of Management in Partnership with Birminghan City University
Course: Master of Science in Project Management
Course Length (Study Mode)
12 Months (Full-Time)/ 16 Months (Part-Time)
February, June, October 2016
The course will encourage creative thinking and the development of leadership and management skills through teamwork, discussion and peer review. Building on a foundation of the generic skills required by tomorrow’s managers, the programme explores the wider context of project management, the extended enterprise, commercial and contractual issues, finance and risk.
In addition to further academic research opportunities, career prospects are expected to keep pace with the rapid advances in management methods and intelligent based technologies, hence, there is expected to be continuing demand for competent, versatile postgraduates who can design and implement innovative solutions for industry.
What Will I Learn
- Empower tomorrow’s managers with the capabilities to manage and contribute to successful projects.
- Offer a foundation of essential management skills required to align and cascade corporate strategy throughout the organisation.
- Explore project lifecycle from start-up to effective implementation within a context of resource management.
- Explore commercial and contractual issues with reference to financial and risk management.
- Develop the capability to manage across the extended enterprise.
- This course has been designed to produce project managers who are able to creatively tackle complex problems. The need for creativity is becoming more and more important in all established and emerging economies.
- Building on a foundation of generic management skills, the course explores the wider context of project management, including commercial and contractual issues, finance and risk.
- It provides a comprehensive education for project managers who can start to tackle complex problems immediately while understanding how to manage and guide the company. It will act as a foundation for a career as a project manager, or alternatively give you the necessary skills and knowledge for research at doctoral level (PhD).
What will I Study
|BUSINESS AND INFORMATION STRATEGIES||DEVELOPING HUMAN CAPABILITIES||OPERATION AND PROCESS MANAGEMENT|
|INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND MARKETING||RESEARCH METHODS AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT||OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT|
|PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR PRACTICE||DEVELOPING FINANCIAL CAPABILITIES||MASTERS PROJECT|