In partnership with The University of Newcastle, Australia, the School of Business is offering a full-time MBA at PSB Academy. The faculty staff at The University of Newcastle, Australia has been awarded national and international prizes for teaching, creativity, research and scholarship and has held visiting scholar positions at the world’s foremost institutions.
In this programme, you will study contemporary principles and standards of critical reasoning and management and develop the skills to operate effectively in the international business community, with cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness.
PSB Academy has collaborated with UON to support positive learning attitudes of excellent students.
- Top 3% of Universities in the World1
(Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015 and QS World University Rankings 2015)
- 15 Disciplines ranked in the Top 200 in the world2
(QS World University Rankings by Subjects 2015)
- 5 Stars in socio-economic equity and generic skills3
(Hobsons Good Universities Guide 2015)
- Top 251-300 Universities in the world
(Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016)
- Australia’s Top Performing University Under 50, Australia’s Number One University Under 50
(QS ‘Top 50 Under 50’ 2014)
- Australia’s Number One University Under 50
(Times Higher Education ‘Top 100 Under 50’ 2014)
- Top 100 Most International Universities
(Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013-14)
- Over 1,000 University of Newcastle students currently enrolled in PSB Academy
This programme can be completed within 12 months.
- This programme consists of 12 modules
- 3 trimesters in a year
- 4 modules are taught over each trimester by University faculty
Assessment and Examination
Assessments may include assignments, tests, projects, and final examinations.
- Economics of Competitive Advantage
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Managing Under Uncertainty
- Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility
- Human Resource Management
- Foundations of Business Analysis
- Organisational Behaviour and Design
- Marketing Management and Planning
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- Managing HR in International Organisations
Delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and are subject to change.
Full-time: January, May, August
Part-Time: 432 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
Postgrad programme of 40 units: 3 years
Postgrad programme of 120 units: 5 years
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Some modules may be delivered by our university partners’ teaching staff in an intensive block mode.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Direct entry into the Masters Program (120 units) will be available for applicants who have:
- 3 year Bachelors Degree in the discipline; or
- 3 year Bachelors Degree not in the discipline + 1 year relevant business experience; or
- At least 7 years business experience, including 2 years in a management position.
Students entering via this pathway are able to complete 4 courses per trimester, and are able to complete courses in any sequence they wish, that is consistent with course prerequisites.
Applicants with an Honours degree in the cognate area or equivalent relevant qualifications at level 8 or above will be given appropriate recognition of prior learning.
The alternate pathway is through the Graduate Certificate (40 units) which will be available for applicants who have:
- 3 year Bachelors Degree not in the discipline; or
- 3 year Diploma in the discipline; or
- 3 year Diploma not in the discipline + 1 year relevant business experience; or
- 2 year Diploma in the discipline + 2 years relevant business experience; or
- 2 year Diploma not in the discipline + 3 years relevant business experience; or
- At least 5 years business experience.
Students entering via this pathway will be required to:
- Complete the Graduate Certificate over a minimum of two trimesters (typically 20 units per trimester); and
- Successfully complete a “Business Academic Skills Program” (BASP) which will be of 6 weeks duration. The BASP will be non-fee based and can be completed concurrently with courses in the Graduate Certificate.
Only after the successful completion of the Graduate Certificate and the academic skills program will students be eligible to formally enrol in the Masters Program.
Minimum Entry Requirement – Language Proficiency:
- TOEFL score of 550 with a Test of Written English (TWE) of 4.5 in the paper based test or a score of 213 with a 4.5 in the Essay Rating in the computer based test or a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5, with no sub-test less than 6.0.
An applicant who wishes to enroll and does not speak English as a first language must demonstrate that they meet the University’s English proficiency requirement.