School: Kaplan Higher Education Institute
Course: Global Diploma – Diploma in Commerce (Business Administration)
Structure and Content
The diploma programme consists of 8 subjects and may be completed in 8 months.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Quantitative Analysis
- Economics I
- Issues in International Business
- Personnel Management
- Project Management
- Marketing Principles
Delivery and Assessment Methods
The programme consists of 8 subjects and may be completed in a minimum of 8 months over 4 terms. Each subject is supported with 42 contact hours. Classes are 3-hour sessions held Monday – Friday. There will be no weekend classes.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
For Singaporean / PR
- GCE ‘N’, ‘O’, NITEC holders or equivalent qualifications (3 Foundation Studies subjects required)
- GCE ‘A’ Levels, Higher NITEC or equivalent qualifications
- Mature candidates with substantial work experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Applicants who do not meet the English language requirement are required to complete Foundation Studies subjects
For International Students
- Year 12 or equivalent qualifications
- Year 9-11 or equivalent qualifications (3 Foundations Studies subjects required)
- English proficiency may be considered sufficient and an IELTS score may not be required if applicant possesses a diploma from a recognised institution where English was the sole medium of instruction. Otherwise, minimum IELTS score of 5.5 or to pass the Kaplan PBEP programme Level 5, prior to entry or equivalent is required.
Graduation and Degree
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Global Diploma – Diploma in Commerce (Business Administration) from Kaplan Higher Education Academy.