This programme focuses on a broad framework in providing students with fundamental theoretical and practical knowledge of the tourism and hospitality industry. It emphasizes on management principles and is laid as foundations for participants exploring their careers in this trade. It is one of the leading diplomas in Singapore with a critical component of 6 months Industrial Attachment.
Key learning outcomes in the programme are:
- Functionally operational in Opera which is the derigeur front office software used in the major hotels of the world
- Functionally operational in Amadeus which is the derigeur ticketing software used in travel agencies of the world
- Understanding of key human resource management functions
- Practical understanding of food and beverage principals and operations
- Management of customer needs with service quality in mind
- Key management principals of the front office
- Key management principals of the travel agency
- The total duration of the programme is 14-months full-time comprising 8 months of theory and practical training on campus and 6 months of paid Industrial Attachment.
- The average teacher-student ratio is 1 : 30
- Maximum period allowed for a student to complete the course is 3 years.
Mode of Delivery
Lecture, tutorials, discussions, case studies and practical classes
- 3 GCE O Level-Pass on any subjects or its equivalent orCompletion of Year-11 education or its equivalent orCompletion of NIM Certificate in Business Management or its equivalent
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum English Language proficiency requirements are required to sit and pass the NIM English Proficiency Test.
- Applicants should be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
Combination of written assignment, presentation, class tests, and examinations.
Upon successful completion of all 8 modules and Integrated Project / Industrial Attachment, the student will be awarded the Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management by Nanyang Institute of Management.
Click here to know more about Nanyang Institute of Management