School: SIM Global Education
Course: Diploma in Banking and Finance
This programme is developed and awarded by the Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore.
This 18-month programme is for you, if you intend to pursue a career in banking & finance, or be exposed to the financial trading environment
Course Start Date & End Date
- 2 intakes a year in April & October
- 18-month full-time programme of 15 modules
Laying strong foundation in accounting
- A good foundation in concepts and practice in banking and finance
- Accreditation towards pursuing a Bachelor programme in this field
Graduates may work in:
- Financial services
- Investment management
- Management consultancy
With the Diploma, you can apply for advanced standing to the following:
- BSc (Honours) programme from the University of London, UK
- BSc (Honours) programme from the University of Birmingham, UK
- BSc (Honours) programme from the University of Manchester, UK
- BSc (Honours) in Marketing programme from the University of Southampton, UK
- Bachelor of Business programme from RMIT University, Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Business Administration) programme from the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, US
- Bachelor of Arts programme from the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, US
Lecturers are both academic and industry-based professionals with extensive work experience and knowledge in their domain.
The course is 100% face-to-face lecture-based learning. Coursework includes attendance at lectures, discussions of case studies, tests, presentations, and completion of group and individually-written assignments.
Classes and workshops are available on study skills, academic writing and presentation.
Remedial classes are provided to students who are required to take supplementary exams.
Include module outlines, reading lists and handbooks on study strategies
18-month full-time programme (3 semesters) of 15 modules:
- Business Accounting
- Business Management and Communications
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Credit Risk Analysis and Management
- Economics for Managers
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Financial Trading
- Information Systems for Business
- Managing Business Finance
- Managing Human Resources
- Negotiation and Inter-cultural Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Professional Self-Management
Contact hours: 42 hr per module, total: 630 hrs
3 semesters. Each semester is a period of six months.
Lectures at least 5 times a week (Mon-Fri)
Each lesson: 3 hr
2 intakes a year in April & October, each covering 18 months.
April intake: early April to end-September (following year)
October intake: early October to end-March (year after next)
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size to commence: 25 students. Students will be informed within 30 days before class commences.
Maximum allowed period to complete the 18-month programme is 36 months or 3 years
No refund or recourse when student did not complete in the maximum period
SIM reserves the right to recommend and withdraw a student who cannot cope with the demands of the programme, especially when the student’s pass has expired.
Five GCE ‘O’ level passes (Grade 1-6) including English as first language and Mathematics.
Other qualifications will be assessed based on the equivalence to GCE ‘O’ level examinations.
Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements might be recommended to undergo a 6-month Management Foundation Studies (MFS) programme.
For international applicants (full-time programme only)
International applicants will be assessed on the qualification’s equivalent to the GCE ‘O’ level exam.