School: Kaplan Higher Education Institute
Course: Diploma in Accountancy
The diploma programme consists of 8 subjects and may be completed in 8 months.
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Principles of Banking and Finance
- Commercial Law
- Quantitative Analysis
- Business Information Systems
- Economics I
- Introduction to Management
Delivery and Assessment Methods
The programme consists of 8 subjects and may be completed in a minimum of 8 months over 4 terms. Each subject is supported with 42 contact hours. Classes are 3-hour sessions held Monday – Friday. There will be no weekend classes.
Each unit is assessed by any combination of class participation, written assignments, project or examinations. Assessment methods may vary according to individual unit requirements.
For Singaporean / PR
- GCE ‘N’, ‘O’, NITEC holders or equivalent qualifications (3 Foundation Studies subjects required)
- GCE ‘A’ Levels, Higher NITEC or equivalent qualifications
- Mature candidates with substantial work experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Applicants who do not meet the English language requirement are required to complete Foundation Studies subjects
For International Students
- Year 12 or equivalent qualifications
- Year 9-11 or equivalent qualifications (3 Foundations Studies subjects required)
- English proficiency may be considered sufficient and an IELTS score may not be required if applicant possesses a diploma from a recognised institution where English was the sole medium of instruction. Otherwise, minimum IELTS score of 5.5 or to pass the Kaplan PBEP programme Level 5, prior to entry or equivalent is required.
Graduation and Degree
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded theKaplan Higher Education Academy Diploma in Accountancy, as appropriate. Diploma graduates can then move on to pursue bachelor degree programme with one of our prestigious partner universities in Singapore.